Thursday, December 10, 2009

Something I have always thought about, something that has always worried me, and even has made me reconsider my job choice, is the behavior issues I am sure to encounter. While doing my observations a lot of times the teachers would raise their voices at the students, or tease the students. I do not particularly like this approach and I hope I can find something that will work for my classroom. I think it is important to set the rules at the beginning of the year and follow the rules, and consequences, that match each situation. Consistency is the key. If you always follow a certain pattern when disciplining the students then they will know what to expect and know that they probably do not want to have to deal with the consequences. I think that would help cut down on behavioral issues.

1 comment:

  1. I agree! and I'm glad I am now a follower of your blog, and will be forever.

    ReplyDelete